- CLIMBING RHYME
- A classic Burmese form with an interesting internal rhyme pattern.
- JAPANESE PATTERNS
- Includes haiku, senryu, tanka, tan renga, renga and others. Newly reorganized.
- Explore the fascinating world of renga, with explanation and examples.
- SAYINGS OF THE WISE SHANG-TI
- The guru-ku of a would-be wiseman. You might call them proverbs. Some call them haiku. Others call them nonsense.
- Korea's favorite lyric poetry, a relative of similar Chinese and Japanese forms. Discover a new world of poetry.
- SIJO MASTERS IN TRANSLATION
- Sijo by Korean masters of the classical period adapted into English.
- THE GROSSBLANK
- A 12-line poem in blank verse, but with 12 syllables per line instead of 10, an invention of yours truly. Twelve times twelve equals 144, which equals one gross! (Sorry about that!)
- POETRY FORMS
- New pages! Definitions of poetry forms and patterns, with examples.
Other Useful Stuff
- LINKS TO POETRY FORMS AND TERMINOLOGY
- An ever-growing list of links to poetry forms and glossaries of terms.
- POWER INDEX
- A simple method for measuring and evaluating the power of your writing.
- QUOTATIONS FOR POETS
- An almost-daily email with 4 or 5 notable quotations hopefully of interest to poets and other writers.
- THE CAVES OF SHANG-TI
- A weblog with poetry, comments and who knows what else?
- THE FLORIDA STATE POETS ASSOCIATION
- The state-wide organization for Florida's poets. A member of the National Federation of State Poetry Societies,
this group includes the state's local chapters as well as individual members from Florida and elsewhere.
- TOOLKIT FOR POETS AND OTHER WRITERS
- Extensive links to sites useful to all readers and writers.