- CLIMBING RHYME
- A classic Burmese poetry form with an interesting internal rhyme pattern.
- JAPANESE PATTERNS
- Includes haiku, senryu, tanka, tan renga, renga and other verse patterns.
- Explore the fascinating world of renga, with explanation and examples.
- SAYINGS OF THE WISE SHANG-TI
- The guru-ku of a would-be wiseman. You might call them proverbs. Some call them haiku. Others call them nonsense.
- Korea's favorite lyric poetry, a relative of similar Chinese and Japanese forms. Discover a new world of poetry.
- SIJO MASTERS IN TRANSLATION
- Sijo by Korean masters of the classical period adapted into English.
Other Poetry Patterns
- THE GROSSBLANK
- A 12-line poem in blank verse, but with 12 syllables per line instead of 10, an invention of yours truly. Twelve times twelve equals 144, which equals one gross. (Sorry about that!)
- POETRY FORMS
- New pages! Definitions of poetry forms and patterns, with examples.
Other Useful Stuff
- LINKS TO POETRY FORMS AND TERMINOLOGY
- An ever-growing list of links to poetry forms and glossaries of literry terms. NEWLY UPDATED.
- POWER INDEX
- A simple method for measuring and evaluating the power of your writing. An excellent tool for revision.
- QUOTATIONS FOR POETS
- An email service providing 4 or 5 notable quotations hopefully of interest to poets and other writers.
- THE CAVES OF SHANG-TI
- A weblog with poetry, comments and who knows what else?
- TOOLKIT FOR POETS AND OTHER WRITERS
- Extensive links to sites useful to all readers and writers.
Updated: 100602Search Engine Submission - AddMe