- Academy of American Poets
- Award-winning site of the Academy of American Poets. Thousands of poems, hundreds of poet biographies, essays, interviews,
poetry news and recordings. New material added constantly.
- Black Writers Reunion & Conference
- Workshops, seminars, and presentations provide the skills and contacts to aid aspiring writers and authors.
- American Library Association
- Founded in 1876, the ALA provides "leadership for the development, promotion, and improvement of library and information
services and the profession of librarianship in order to enhance learning and ensure access to information for all." A major
redesign of the site is promised for fall 2008.
- The American Verse Project
- Provides an ever-growing electronic archive of volumes of American poetry prior to 1920.
- R.R. Bowker's online directory of the book publishing business. Search book reviews, latest releases, author video clips,
upcoming book events and more.
- The Favorite Poem Project
- Video documentaries showcase individual Americans reading and speaking personally about poems they love.
- Library of Congress
- Largest library in the world, with millions of books, recordings, photographs, maps and manuscripts in its collections.
Comprehensive links to other helpful sites.
- International Institute of Modern Letters
- Promotes and fosters contemporary imaginative writing. Headquartered in Victoria University, New Zealand, with a US branch
at the Black Mountain Institute, University of Nevada Las Vegas.
- National Association for Poetry Therapy
- "World-wide community of poets, writers, journalkeepers, helping professionals, health care professionals, educators,
and lovers of words who recognize and appreciate the healing power of language."
- National Endowment for the Arts
- "Public agency dedicated to supporting excellence in the arts, both new and established; bringing the arts to all Americans;
and providing leadership in arts education."
- National Endowment for the Humanities
- "Independent grant-making agency of the United States government dedicated to supporting research, education, preservation,
and public programs in the humanities."
- National Poetry Foundation
- Promotes an "innovative approach to scholarship in the fields of modern and contemporary poetry and poetics."
- Poetry Australia Foundation
- Promotes poetry in Australia and the Australian Poetry Centre at historic Glenfern, East St Kilda. Helpful to writers
around the world.
- Poetry Society of America
- Megasite for poetry resources including Crossroads Online, Poetry in Motion, Conferences; Festivals, Poetry Journals,
Publishers, Literary Organizations, Bookstores, and much more.
- Poets and Writers
- Offers immediate access to a wealth of information useful to writers and poets including contests, literary magazines
and publishers, job listings, grants and awards; a forum for the exchange of information and ideas.
- Society for Childrens Book Writers and Illustrators
- "Acts as a network for the exchange of knowledge between writers, illustrators, editors, publishers, agents, librarians,
educators, booksellers and others involved with literature for young people." Extensive links to other organizations related
to publishing for children.
- Teachers and Writers Collaborative
- "Promotes and provides literary arts education by supporting writers and teachers in developing and implementing strategies
to enhance students’ interest in and love of literature and writing."
- Writer's Net
- Internet forum and directory of writers, editors, publishers, literary agents and art councils, both USA and international.